City Clerk Department
The City Clerk’s office is responsible for maintaining the official records of the City as prescribed by State law and city code. The office holds many responsibilities, among these responsibilities are:
- Archiving City Council documents, official proceedings, ordinances, and resolutions
- Maintaining boards and commissions applications and appointments
- Publicizing of legal notices
- Recording official documents
- Acts as a notary public
- Acts as the custodian of the official City Seal
- Officiates at bid openings
- Maintaining City Council meeting and election materials
- Serves as the City’s Election Official, interfacing closely with the El Paso County Elections Department
- Responds to Open Records Requests
Frequently Asked Questions.
What are the city’s business hours?
Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
How often does the City Council meet?
Regular meetings of the Socorro City Council are held the 1st and 3rd Thursday of each month at 6:00 p.m. in the Council Chambers at 860 Rio Vista. The City Clerk’s office will post an agenda in front lobby of City Hall and our website at least 72 hours before the next scheduled meeting.
How do I submit an Open Records Request?
All Open Records Requests must be in writing. Requests must be addressed to the City Clerk. Download the OPEN RECORDS REQUEST FORM and fax to (915) 858-9288 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to 124 S. Horizon (79927). Please be sure to identify on the form the records or documents you are requesting in as much detail as possible to expedite the process.
For ADMINISTRATIVE REPORT
For BUDGET AND PROPERTY TAX NOTICES
Notices & Agendas